Basic Tier 1 UnitsEdit
These units can be recruited in your castle through the appropriate buildings. Only 4 buildings of this tier are allowed per shard.
Basic Tier 2 UnitsEdit
These units can be recruited in your castle through the appropriate buildings. Only 3 buildings of this tier are allowed per shard.
Basic Tier 3 UnitsEdit
These units can be recruited in your castle through the appropriate buildings. Only 2 buildings of this tier are allowed per shard.
Basic Tier 4 UnitsEdit
These units can be recruited in your castle through the appropriate buildings. Only 1 buildings of this tier are allowed per shard.
To recruit these units you need an alliance with the specific race you wish to recruit. Only one alliance is allowed per shard. With Allied Forces DLC foreign units of basic type can upgrade to advanced type on level-up.
These units cannot be recruited directly. These units can be summoned temporarly to the battlefield with the appropriate spells. Wizards can get these units permanently in their army by using the necromancy skill. Some rituals give you some of these units as well.
These units cannot be recruited directly. These units can be summoned temporarly to the battlefield with the appropriate spells. Imp, Hellhound, and Fiend are obtainable through Chaos spawn ritual. The Dark Pact spell allows to obtain all demon units permanently, except Hellhound.
Monsters and Forest CreaturesEdit
Some of these units may be recruited as mercenaries, others require eggs and the appropriate buildings. Some of these units may be recruited from lairs in provinces.
- Giant Spider
- Giant Slug
- Desert Troll
- Fire Giant
- Dark Treant
- Tainted Unicorn
- Black Wizard
- White Wizard
Non Recruitable CreaturesEdit
When gaining experience, like Heroes, units gain levels and may upgrade their basic attributes. Every time a unit levels up two random upgrades are chosen from a pool of available upgrades, the player may choose only one of these upgrades. At certain levels some units gain access to new skills. The player may choose only one upgrade or skill per level.
Every unit has its own table which contains up to 6 upgrades per level (usually 4-5 on first level up, and then every new level adds 2-3 upgrades to the total pool). The chance of being presented with older upgrades gradually diminishes as the unit gains levels.
- Melee units cannot get range attributes (ranged attack, range and ammo), if they don't have such attributes initially, like Barbarians or Spearmen.
- You can estimate general direction of upgrades by unit's description, like Swordsman would be armored counterattack-based tank, Orc would be bulky attack-based damage dealer.
- Medusa, Demon, Unicorn, Manticore, Gryphon, Hellhound, Basilisk, Skeleton, Fairy and Thief can improve their speed. This upgrade is available only once, with the exception of Basilisk and Fairy. They can get +1 speed twice.
Possible attribute upgrades Edit
- Hit Points +1/+2/+3/+4
- Attack +1/+2/+3
- Counterattack +1/+2/+3
- Defense +1/+2/+3
- Ranged Defense +1/+2/+3
- Resistance +1/+2/+3
- Speed +1
- Ranged Attack +1/+2/+3
- Range +1/+2
- Ammo +1/+2/+3
- Stamina +1/+2/+3
- Morale +1/+2/+3
- Health +1/+2 (+1/+2 hit point, +1/+2 stamina)
- Strength +1/+2 (+1/+2 attack, +1/+2 counterattack)
- Armor +1/+2 (+1/+2 defense, +1/+2 ranged defense)
- Willpower +1/+2 (+1 /+2 resistance, +1/+2 morale)
Additionally, the player may occasionally be presented with the opportunity to give a unit a medal. This medal generally gives a good attribute boost (2 attributes are changed, and the change is approximately the equivalent of 3-5 unit level ups) at the cost of a slightly increased upkeep cost.
For a list of available medals see the Medals page.
All items (110)